Zucchini Fritters with Avocado and Dill Dip
These zucchini fritters are perfect for snacks or appies. They are light, crisp and so delicious 🙂 Easy to make in one bowl and a pan with only 4 ingredients. Make them gluten free… or not. Veggies, garlic, basil, and oregano combined with egg (protein) cooked in a small amount of good fat (coconut oil). But you could use any oil you like. Serve them up with guacamole (more good fat : ) as a great appetizer for your guests. Or how about a late night snack just for you! I've eaten them as dinner! : ) You could also add some veggies to your platter, served with the yummy dill guacamole. What a great display that would make: )
Zucchini Fritter Ingredients:
1 large zucchini (or 2 small ones)
1 clove garlic peeled and minced
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup fresh oregano
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup flour
to taste salt
to taste pepper
Zucchini Fritters Instructions:
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate zucchini.
- Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Let stand 10 minutes then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel to remove moisture.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well to combine.
- Slowly add flour, stirring so no lumps form.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until the oil sizzles when you drop a small amount of zucchini mixture into the pan. Carefully drop about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture into pan; repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
- Cook fritters until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Turn fritters, and continue cooking until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer fritters to a plate; set aside in a warm place. Cook remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
Serve on a platter with this yummy Avocado Dill Dip. Add some veggies for a light snack, veggie intake and color for the wow factor.
Avocado Dip Ingredients:
3 whole avocados
1 Tbs. dried or 1/4 c fresh dill
1 tablespoon mayonnaise or greek yogurt
Avocado Dip Instructions:
- Remove meat from all 3 avocados place in a bowl
- Finely chop dill – approximately 1/4 cup
- Mash avocados using a fork
- Add 1 tablespoon of mayo or greek yogurt
- Add dill
- Mix well and enjoy.