Orange Ginger Salmon served over noodles and veggies is the perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates and flavour. Delicious and healthy ... does it get any better : )
Omg, this is so delicious, so versatile and so healthy. Fresh, light and flavourful 🙂 This is decadent enough to serve to your guests and simple enough to serve to your family on a week night. Make extra and save the leftovers for the next night or lunch. You could also serve this recipe as a vegetarian option. Just eliminate the fish and serve over bean noodles : )
Orange Ginger Salmon Ingredients:
For the sauce
¼ cup coconut aminos (or tamari sauce)
½ large orange; zest and juice
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
½ Tablespoon good quality peanut butter
1 teaspoon fresh garlic
1/2 lime, juiced
For the salmon
4 - 4 ounce pieces of wild salmon, 4 min/ 1/2 inch thick.
Pinch sea salt
For the noodles
4 ounces noodles/zoodles (2 serving sizes)
2 carrots, julienned
4 – 6 sprigs of asparagus
1 medium zucchini, bite size slices, julienned or spiralized
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce
1 small cloves fresh garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
Orange Ginger Salmon Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 fahrenheit.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve ¾ of mixture.
- Place salmon in baking dish, brush with the remaining 1/4 mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes depending on size of salmon peices.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles following package directions, drain, set aside. If using spiralled zucchini, omit this part and add to the veggie step.
- Add remaining ¾ of sauce and orange zest to noodles/zoodles. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a saute pan. Add garlic, veggies, coconut aminos and salt.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add noodles/zoodles to the pan and toss to warm.
- After salmon is cooked, broil & cook 3-5 minutes, until browned.
- Divide noodles and veggies into two bowls, top with salmon fillets.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and orange slices.