Join the Water Challenge! Are you deyhdrated? How do you know if you are dehydrated? Do you get frequent headaches? Dry mouth? Brain Fog? Lethargic during the afternoon? How much H2O do you drink in a day. Chances are you are dehydrated. Have you ever been to a fitness class when your legs feel like led weight? Chances are you were dehydrated.
WATER IS THE SINGLE MOST CRITICAL NUTRIENT
Water has so many health benefits. Water helps with mental clarity, blood flow, energy levels, feeling full as well as digestion and elimination.Getting enough water doesn’t just help you regulate how much you eat — it helps you digest and metabolize more efficiently too.Water allows your kidneys to function properly. It helps flush out toxins and prevent kidney stones. It also contributes to your metabolism and prevents constipation
The general rule of thumb is to drink 8 – 12 glasses of water/day. There are other theories about how much to drink. There are several factors to consider, your size and weight, your activity level and the weather. It has been recommended to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 75 to 150 ounces of water a day. When the temperatures are warmer or you are exercising, we need more.
Here’s the challenge… Decide how many glasses of water you need/day for your situation, track the number you drink bring it in to the studio and I will give you a free class on your next invoice : ) You win either way! You get better health from the increase of water aaand your free class : )
Here are some tips that I use to increase my H2O intake.
- Sip 2 glasses of water after waking to kick start your organs and get your metabolism humming
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal helps digestion. and makes you feel full soon.
- 1 glass of water before taking a bath to help lower blood pressure.
- Make a pot of herbal tea in the morning and finish it through out the day
- Drink a full bottle of water before your workout
- Drink a full bottle of water during your workout.
- Drink a full bottle of water after your workout.
- Take a bottle of water everywhere you go.
If you have some other tricks on how to be more hydrated, please do share with me or on my fb page.
One final thing, it does not HAVE to be water. Ice, herbal tea, soup stalk and any other liquid that does not have calories counts. We just want to hydrate the body : ) Good luck!