This soup is sooo good, you’ll want it for lunch the next day! I love these 1 pot meals that are easy to put together and serve. If you’ve got cabbage growing in your garden right now this will be amazing. Cabbage roll soup is a go to for us all winter. Let me know what you think 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Makes: 10-12 servings
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion diced
1 medium celery rib, diced
2 small carrots, diced
2 large garlic clove, minced
8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
5 cups chopped green cabbage
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatos, fresh or frozen tomatoes work too with tomato paste
1 tsp Worstishire
1/3 cup uncooked quinoa (optional)
1 Cup Sauerkraut or 2 TBS apple cider vinigar
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Place the oil in a large pot set over medium heat.
- Lightly brown ground beef
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
- Add the stock, cabbage, tomatoes, and bring to a slow simmer.
- Stir in the quinoa
- Simmer soup 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cabbage and quinoa are tender.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the parsley and sauerkraut, serve.
- Tastes even better the 2nd day and freezes well : )