Try this delicious and healthy Shrimp and Mango Slaw. Perfect as a satisfying full meal or an impressive side dish at your next party!
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 limes, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 ground black pepper
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded (12 oz total)
- 1 (8 oz) mango, julienned
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 28 (1 lb peeled and deveined) extra large shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1 lime, 3/4 tsp of the salt and pepper.
- Toss with the cabbage, red onion, mango and 1 tbsp fresh cilantro.
- Combine shrimp with the remaining salt, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes and cumin.
- In a large deep nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and cook half of the shrimp 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, until shrimp is cooked through and opaque.
- Set aside, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil and remaining shrimp and cook until shrimp is cooked through and opaque adding the crushed garlic the last minute.
- Return all the shrimp to the skillet, stir to combine with garlic.
- Remove from heat, squeeze lime over shrimp and toss with cilantro.
- Divide the salad (about 1 1/4 cups) and shrimp between 4 plates.
Enjoy this flavour-packed shrimp and Mango slaw soon. It’s sure to be a hit!
adapted from Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: 7 shrimp, 1-1/4 cup slaw • Old Pts: 6 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 228 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 25 g • Carb: 18 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 11 g
Sodium: 472 mg • Choles: 172 mg