Thai “riced”, carrot cauliflower salad with creamy avocado dressing is a quick and healthy vegetable salad with tons of flavour! It’s also vegan and paleo. You know how I love my one bowl meals, well this is right up my alley. Literally throw all ingredients into the food processor and add the dressing. I like to add either small pieces of tofu to the salad or serve with a piece of salmon.
Creamy Avocado Dressing:
1 lemongrass stalk (2 tbsp minced)
1/2 c milk
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1-2 tsp hot sauce
pinch of White pepper or black (to taste)
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp gluten free tamari (or coconut aminos)
Optional; 1 tbsp sweetener of choice, honey or coconut sugar
2 tbsp water or oil to thin out dressing
Cauliflower Rice Salad:
1/4 c white onion (chopped)
14 oz or 1 small head cauliflower
1 -2 large carrots with ends cut off
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 tsp avocado or coconut oil
1/2 c coconut milk
2 spring onions (chopped)
1-2 red peppers (Thai)
1 bunch cilantro
1/4 cup Crushed roasted almonds
Salt/pepper to taste
- Blend the lemongrass (minced), avocado, garlic, and, coconut milk.
- Once blended, add in your spices: tamari hot sauce, and ginger. Depending on what hot sauce you use, your sauce will either be more green or more yellow/red in color.
- You can thin out the avocado cream dressing by adding in 2-4 tbsp of water or coconut milk, and a little oil.
- Mix until texture is thinner. If you want it sweeter, add in 1 tbsp sweetener of choice such as honey, coconut sugar.
- Cut the cauliflower/carrot into smaller pieces. Working in batches, place 1 cup of your veggies in food processor.
- Pulse until “riced”. Scrape sides between pulses if needed. Repeat until all the veggies are riced and placed in a large bowl.
- Chop the onion, green onion, and peppers.
- In a small pan, heat garlic, oil, and onion. Saute until fragrant. 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your carrot and cauliflower rice. Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 c coconut milk. If you want a creamier salad, add in 2-3 tablespoons of your avocado cream dressing (reserve the rest for topping)
- Cook on medium, coating carrot cauliflower rice. Add a dash of salt/pepper and splash of lime juice. Mix again.
- Remove from heat. Place carrot cauliflower rice in large bowl.
- Mix in green onion, cilantro, almonds, red pepper
- Toss and garnish with the extra onion, cilantro, almonds, and red pepper.
- Drizzle avocado cream dressing on each bowl when serving.
Inspired by Cotter Crunch.com