Winter is a perfect time for the comfort of hearty roasted veggies. Warm and delicious as a side dish or add your favourite protein and serve as a main dish. Enjoy the tasty, flavours of the creamy tahini dressing and the vegetables roasted with the healing powers of cinnamon, turmeric and cumin. The tahini is loaded in calcium so this is a great dish for those of you with a calcium deficiency or osteoporosis. Black beans are a great source of protein so that makes this a well balanced meal. Yummy, too!
- ROASTED VEGGIES
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into cubes
- ¼ pumpkin or 1 large or 1 small butternut squash, cut into cubes
- ½ head large cauliflower, chopped into chunks
- 2 bell peppers, orange and red
- ½ lb brussel sprouts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Water, enough to create desired consistency. I like to “drizzle” : )
- ½ can black beans
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, dry roasted
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped (or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Combine Roasted Vegetables in a large baking dish.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Combine seasoning ingredients in a small dish; cinnamon, ground cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, salt & pepper then stir into vegetables
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Combine Tahini Sauce ingredients in a blender, blend, starting on low speed, adding water until you reach desired consistency
- When ready to serve, drizzle Sauce over vegetables, garnish with black beans, roasted pine nuts and coriander.
- Serve with the remainder of the sauce in a side dish with a spout