This Roasted Veggie Salad with Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing is delicious warm or cold.
I love a meal that tastes great knowing that it is also loaded in nutrients that optimize my health. The variety of veggies in the Roasted Veggie Salad provide a variety of nutritional benefits. Some of the prominent health benefits include; Vitamins A, C, B Complex & K. These vegetables also provide a large amount of soluble and insoluble fibre which support constipation, cholesterol levels and good fats. Most of the vegetables are low on the glycemic index which makes this dish great for weight management. Take this to your next pot luck and wait for the rave reviews to pour in, but be prepared to hand out the recipe. Feel good about a large serving of this salad, all these veggies have a low impact on your body.
Serves: 4 -6
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
1 large sweet potato
1/2 head cauliflower
1 large carrot
1 large zucchini
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Directions for Roasted Veggie Salad
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potato, bell peppers, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
- Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 40 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing.
- To assemble the salad, combine the roasted veggies and Avocado in a large bowl.
- Toss in the Avocado Dressing and serve!
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
1 small garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Directions for Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
Place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.