Gluten Free but full of flavour and taste more like desert. You are going to love these for a mid morning snack or treat when you are hankering for something sweet in the evening. Keep in mind though, they are a loaded in nutrition with all the food groups, making it a complete meal. These Raspberry Coconut muffins are not only gluten free, they are grain free, and sugar free. The coconut, nut butter and pumpkin seeds offer a good amount of protein. There is a substantial amount of fibre in the ground flax, pumpkin seeds, raspberries and coconut. Protein and fibre greatly help to balance the blood sugars making these delicious muffins a great option for weight loss. Wait! There's more : ) This nutrition packed muffin recipe makes 12 muffins that freeze well so there is no reason to find yourself hungry with no time to prepare yourself a nutritious meal. Grab this muffing on your way out the door. Know that you have are enjoying a complete meal balanced with protein, carbs, good fats and fibre. Does it get any better? Yup... they are delicious : )
4 large ripe bananas
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ground flax
2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup nut butter
1 cup raspberries
- Pre-heat the oven the 350deg
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Add all other ingredients, mix well
- Fold in the berries and pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- Line each hole of your muffin tray with non stick cases or grease each muffin hole with coconut oil and a small piece of baking paper
- Fill 12 muffin holes with the mixture
- Cook for 35 minutes, until the muffins are golden and firm in the middle.
- Take out of oven, let the muffins cool a little before removing to a cool on a wire rack.