This one pot easy to prepare meal is a big hit with everyone, including the kidlets. Makes lots to have for leftovers. This is a staple in our house in the winter months.
Olive oil 2 tsp
Onions, chopped 1 cup
Celery ½ cup
Green pepper ½ cup
Garlic 1 clove
Vegetable/chicken broth 3 cups
Sweet potatoes- cubed 2 cups
Canned, frozen or fresh, diced, tomatoes 1 can (19 oz)
Chickpeas drained and rinsed (low sodium) 1 can (19 oz)
Lemon juice 1 T.
Ginger root grated 2 tsp
Ground cumin 1 tsp
Curry powder 1 tsp
Ground coriander 1 tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Salt & pepper ½ tsp
Raisins ¼ cup
Peanut butter 2 T.
Chopped fresh cilantro(optional) ½ Cup
Chicken ( Optional)
- Heat olive oil.
- Sauté onions, celery, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except raisins, peanut butter and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, peanut butter and cilantro.
- Simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.