Easy Curry in a Hurry, packs a heap of nutritional value with all the veggies and quinoa. This Easy Curry sauce served over quinoa provides a good amount of protein and fibre with low carbs.
Sometimes we just gotta get dinner on the stove and eat without a whole lot of fuss. The curry and quinoa combined with your favourite veggies makes a delicious vegan option and you can swap out any of the vegetables for whatever is in your fridge that day. Make a large batch and serve over ... everything : )
Serves: 4 -6
1 cup quinoa
2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
1 cup broccoli florets, diced
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced tomato
1 cup snow peas (loosely cut)
1.5 Tbsp curry powder
Pinch cayenne or 1 dried red chili, diced (optional for heat)
2 14-ounce cans light coconut milk
1 cup veggie stock
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
For serving; optional
Fresh lemon juice
Cilantro, mint and/or basil
Red pepper flake
- Wash quinoa thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer.
- Add to a medium saucepan over medium heat and toast for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is light, fluffy and liquid is absorbed. Set aside until serving.
- Heat coconut oil in large pot or sauce pan to medium heat.
- Stir in, onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne, veggie stock, coconut milk, salt and stir.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly, continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Serve over quinoa and garnish with fresh lemon juice and herbs.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker