This is one of my favourite appetizers! I love it because I love cucumbers but also because when I bring it to a gathering, I know I will get some vegetables : ) They are easy to put together and if you don’t like crab use tuna or shrimp or … the possibilities are endless. Let me know what other ideas you come up with : )
- 3 long cucumbers
- 1/4 cup Plain Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Light Cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup crab/Tuna meat, excess water removed
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco, Franks Red Hot)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs minced green onion
- Garnish with chili powder or paprika if desired
- Remove the peel from the cucumbers using a vegetable peeler. Cut the cucumber into 2 inch slices. Using a small melon baller, scoop out most of the inside. You want to leave the walls and a thick portion of the bottom intact.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream and the cream cheese with a fork until well combined. add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Fill each of the cucumber cups with the crab dip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve within 2 hours of making.
382 calories, 44g protein, 14g of carbohydrate, 4.2 g of fat (use less cream cheese to reduce fat.)