Big, Yummy and Heathy – Big Batch Broccoli Salad … with Avocado Lime Dressing
Ps; This photo is not mine, I “borrowed” it : ] Thats why you can see craisins and walnuts in it. ( although that would taste good too: ) I just wanted to get this easy and delicious recipe out to you before the long weekend. I am working on a photo of my own, bear with me : )
Yield: 10 cups, which makes it a great dish for potluck or leftovers for the rest of the week!
2 heads broccoli, stems peeled
3 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1 bunch finely chopped fresh cilantro
½ jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
½-3/4 cup feta cheese – omit/replace for vegan
2 Cloves of garlic
2 Limes, juiced
1/4 cup Olive oil
½ tsp Sea salt, more to taste
Pepper to taste
- Peel the broccoli stems
- Chop heads into small floretes
- Steam broccoli for about 3-4 min.(broccoli turns brighter green, don’t over cook!)
- Quickly immerse broccoli in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Chop the broccoli by hand until desired texture.
- Add grated carrots
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds, minced jalapeno and feta if using
- Combine avocado, lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt and pepper in a jar or blender. Blend until well combined
- Add dressing to salad and season to taste.