This baked bean burrito is my sisters recipe, well it, was :))) These are sooo easy, delicious, economical and make a large batch!
When my sister first introduced me to this recipe, I thought, "what the heck!" Refried beans? Who would eat those?! But I was polite and... they were delicious! Over the years, the recipe has evolved and become my own. To keep them "Clean" choose a low/no fat refried bean. The average can of refried beans is loaded in fat. The great thing about theses is that you can freeze them individually for "Clean' meals on the go. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do : )
yeild: 8 burrito's
Topping - Stewed Tomatoes
¼ Cup Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 Onion, finely diced
1 Green pepper, finely diced
3 Stalks Celery
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper to taste
2 cans Diced Tomatoes (fresh or frozen)
½ Jalapeno pepper (optional)
4 Cans Refried Beans
8 Whole Grain or Sprouted Grain Tortilla’s
1 Can Green Chilli’s
2 Cups Grated Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Kale or Cabbage
1 Can Black Olives
Hot Sauce (optional)
- Saute garlic & onion in oil of large sauce pan
- Add onion, celery and peppers, sauté until translucent
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer 30 min.
- Meanwhile, grate cheese and chop kayle or cabbage.
- Lay each tortilla on top of the stewed tomato’s to soften before filling with beans, green chillies, cheese and olives.
- Roll each tortilla and place in pan
- Top each tortilla with stewed tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese and a jalapeno slice.
- Bake at 35 deg for 30 min or until the cheese is melted and bubbly