Fresh, clean and delicious. As the weather cools down, this tasty enchelada recipe will warm you up. Perfect for entertaining. How about a mexican night and a pictionary game : ))) Don’t worry about the fat in avacado’s, they have the good kind of fat that supports increased metabolism and healthy levels of cholesterol. It’s all about balance : )
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons dried oregano
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 cup chicken/vegetable broth or water
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
8 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
3 cups chicken breast
1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 red onion, finely diced
4 diced tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
Juice of 1 lime
20 organic corn tortillas or “ezekeil” wraps
2 cups grated, light cheese
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, sugar, cumin, oregano; saute 2 minutes.
- Add beer, tomatoes, broth; simmer 20 minutes. Add vinegar.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Dice and Saute chicken breast.
- Chop avocados and tomatoes; toss with chicken, cilantro and next 4 ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce on the bottom of a casserole.
- Dip tortillas in remaining sauce; spoon 3 tablespoons of filling onto each. Roll up and arrange, seam side down, in dish.
- Pour sauce over, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover; bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Let cool and serve.