Asian Cashew Chopped Salad
This asian chopped salad is light and crispy but hearty enough for a meal. It’s made with crisp Napa cabbage, crunchy vegetables and topped with crispy roasted cashews, but it’s the light and creamy peanut dressing that makes it so good. The dressing has a light and delicious peanut flavour that goes perfectly with the flavours of the crisp veggies. This would be great served with a piece of salmon as a side dish or over top of a bowl of adzuki bean noodles.
For the salad:
1 head kale, chopped
1 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
Red pepper, thinly sliced
Orange pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, shredded, julienned
3/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
For the dressing:
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 fresh orange; juiced
1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
1/2 lime juiced
1” piece of ginger, chopped
1 large clove garlic
- Thinly slice the kale.
- Massage kale in a large bowl with a little olive oil and salt.
- Add the remainder of the salad ingredients and toss.
- In a blender, blend all dressing ingredients until creamy and the desired consistency. Taste and adjust as desired. I prefer a little lighter flavor.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss well.
- Place the salad on a serving plate or platter.
- Sprinkle chopped cashews.
This salad should keep for at least 4 days in the fridge. If you want it to last longer, you can keep the dressing separate from the salad. It’s easy to add a few ingredients the next day to freshen it up or add another serving. Makes 8 servings. Enjoy!